Raw raisin and ginger bites


Morning everyone!
I hope everyone had a good week!
As the new year has come upon us, I set myself a task to post one blog post a week, which I have to admit I have already been finding difficult! The reason I want to do this is because I really love reading blogs which motivate you to live a healthy and positive life and I wanted to share some of my experiences with other people. I love researching and trying new healthy recipes and one of the recipes I have tried are Deliciously Ella's Raw raisin and ginger bites!
Not only are these bites incredibly tasty but they're also a healthy (and delicious) alternative for reaching for your favourite chocolate bar when you're craving a sweet treat. I am the type of person who does crave a bit of sugar here and there (especially at a certain time of the month, I know a lot of my friends feel the same struggle but it's not something we should be ashamed of as we all go through it!) but I find these bites really satisfy my cravings. It's also incredibly easy to reach for one if you make a big batch and keep them in your fridge or freezer- although mine are normally demolished within seconds of making them!


The bites are a yummy mix of sweetness from the dates, nuttiness from the almonds and walnuts and completed by a hint of ginger. They were a hit with my friends, each of them loved them and have asked me to make more- which I take as a pretty good recipe. They're absolutely full with energy so are a great snack to have at exam time but the best thing is they only include natural ingredients and sweeteners so you don't have to feel guilty every time you take a bite!


Ingredients:
- 3 cups of medjool dates 
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ a cup of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of ginger


The recipe couldn't be simpler! Literally just put all your ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture is sticky! Don't worry if you don't have the exact ingredients, I used walnuts instead of pecans and sultanas instead of raisins but the dates do really need to be medjool- otherwise they're not sticky enough to bind all the nuts together! Let me know if you try the recipe at all and what you think, I'd love to know!


Lots of love, 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts