Saturday, 17 January 2015

Raw raisin and ginger bites


Morning everyone!
I hope everyone had a good week!
As the new year has come upon us, I set myself a task to post one blog post a week, which I have to admit I have already been finding difficult! The reason I want to do this is because I really love reading blogs which motivate you to live a healthy and positive life and I wanted to share some of my experiences with other people. I love researching and trying new healthy recipes and one of the recipes I have tried are Deliciously Ella's Raw raisin and ginger bites!
Not only are these bites incredibly tasty but they're also a healthy (and delicious) alternative for reaching for your favourite chocolate bar when you're craving a sweet treat. I am the type of person who does crave a bit of sugar here and there (especially at a certain time of the month, I know a lot of my friends feel the same struggle but it's not something we should be ashamed of as we all go through it!) but I find these bites really satisfy my cravings. It's also incredibly easy to reach for one if you make a big batch and keep them in your fridge or freezer- although mine are normally demolished within seconds of making them!


The bites are a yummy mix of sweetness from the dates, nuttiness from the almonds and walnuts and completed by a hint of ginger. They were a hit with my friends, each of them loved them and have asked me to make more- which I take as a pretty good recipe. They're absolutely full with energy so are a great snack to have at exam time but the best thing is they only include natural ingredients and sweeteners so you don't have to feel guilty every time you take a bite!


Ingredients:
- 3 cups of medjool dates 
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ a cup of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of ginger


The recipe couldn't be simpler! Literally just put all your ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture is sticky! Don't worry if you don't have the exact ingredients, I used walnuts instead of pecans and sultanas instead of raisins but the dates do really need to be medjool- otherwise they're not sticky enough to bind all the nuts together! Let me know if you try the recipe at all and what you think, I'd love to know!


6 comments:

  1. What do you think about follow each other via bloglovin? If you want, just follow me there and I'll follow you back! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course! I'll give your blog a look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely have to try this, looks so delicious ♥

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete